Oddball Blanket #1 is Complete!

Just do what you can, my friend. :hug:
You don’t have to knit for an entire 3 or 4 inches. You can just knit a couple inches.

I think I would like to plan on meeting in person to get the blanket from you. The next two knitters are both in Charlotte, so I can get it to them myself. :slight_smile:

I can’t believe our blanket is almost complete! :cheering:

Perfect! That will work! I’ll let you know closer to when I’m done.

Friends, that blanket looks so snuggy. You are all doing such a great job. :yay: :happydance:

Beekaync and I met at Starbucks today, and did the blanket handoff. It looks GREAT!!!

Oh how awesome!
I do regret not getting to see this finished blanket in person.

Well, it’s not finished yet!

I’m going to contact a couple KHers in Charlotte, to see if they want to work on it. (Knitting4babybear is next on the list)

Then, I’ll end it, and add a border if necessary. Weaving in the ends will take a little time, as well.

When it is COMPLETELY finished, I’ll post more photos. :slight_smile:

Look at that blanket :yay::woohoo:

It looks great!!! :inlove:

Sandy- I’m so jealous of you getting to meet so many KHers.

:pout: I wish I could bring everyone to you! :hug:

Oh the thought of weaving in all those ends makes my head spin. You are a very brave lady Sandy!

What kind of border are you thinking of adding?

I don’t mind weaving in the ends. Easy Peasy. :wink:

I’m not sure about the border yet. I’ll probably try a couple different things, and see what looks best.

I decided to add a little excitement to the end of our blanket, so I shipped it up to Amy at KH Headquarters. She was amazed by all our work on the blanket, and added a few rows of her own knitting. She even got Sheldon to knit a few stitches! :teehee: And Ingrid added some knitting to it as well! :slight_smile:

Is that cool, or what? cloud9

That is so cool! I can’t wait to see it now!!

cloud9

Very cool!!
and :cheering: for Sheldon!!!

Do we know who/what charity the blanket will be going to when it is finished?

ETA: I just looked back at the first page, Oddball blanket #1 is almost a year old already! Think of all of the charity projects that have been done or are in progress in less than a year!:notworthy:

We’re still contemplating the appropriate charity. Several charities are being considered, but I want to be sure it’s the right one for us.

I’ll DEFINITELY post an update when a decision is made.
:thumbsup:

I have the blanket at my house now, and I laid it out on my bed to see if it’s big enough yet. It’s close to being complete, but still has room for a bit more knitting.

I’m adding some knitting myself now, because it’s just too expensive to mail anymore. If anyone is in my area, and would like to help work on it, let me know!

I’m thinking of taking it to my cousin’s yarn shop, so people can add a few rows there. I think that would be a good way to get more exposure for our projects! :slight_smile:

Amy just sent a photo of herself, back when she was working on the blanket! Isn’t it cool to see our forum leader helping out on our project? :heart: :slight_smile: :heart:

woo, that’s too cool. Amy you’re looking great!

Our 1st Oddball Blanket has a gig!!!

I asked my cousin if I could take our blanket to her yarn shop, so that customers could see the blanket, read the journal, and maybe knit a few rows while they were there. I’ll get a couple skeins of Plymouth Encore at the shop, and put them with the blanket.

So, if anyone did not get to participate in the knit-along, feel free to go to Cottage Yarn in Mint Hill, North Carolina. You’ll be able to see our beautiful blanket in person, and add your own touch as well! You can knit a few rows, and write a short message in the journal.

Have fun! :cheering:

(Our blanket still needs about 12 inches of knitting, but it’s just too expensive to mail now. This is a quick way to get the knitting completed, and get some exposure for our forum project as well.) :slight_smile:

That is so awesome Shandeh. I wish I lived closer! Be sure to take some pictures if you can. I’d love to see how it works out!
~danielle~