Oddball Blanket #1 is Complete!

Thank you!! :aww:

Well, it’s done and airing in the closet! I took a couple of pictures, but I’m tired and don’t feel like downloading them off my camera right now. (Why yes, yes I’m lazy!) I think the earliest I can get to the post office will be Thursday. I don’t see me making it there tomorrow, and Wednesday is totally taken up with other stuff. As soon as you hear from the next person, Sandy, please let me know!! :muah:

I sent a private message, but I haven’t heard back yet. I’ll give them a few days, then try the next knitter. So, you might have to keep it a few days longer than you planned.

Not a problem! I’ll just get it boxed & ready to go. :woot:

I sent a private message to Brrlracinbt, but she never replied. I don’t have an email address for her, so I will have to move on to the next knitter.

If any of you know how to reach Brrlracinbt, let me know.

Ok, so here are some pictures!

These are the pretty stitch markers Cristy sent me.

And the blanket stretched across my kitchen table. It’s about the only surface I can do this on in the house. Everything else is covered in cat hair. :rofl:

The details don’t show the stitch very clearly. I couldn’t zoom in enough w/o it becoming blurry. But you can sort of see it!

Purty Purty!!! :muah:

I have a ready knitter now! Beekaync is coming over to our blanket from Oddball #5. She is also in North Carolina, so it just makes sense for her to work on it now. :thumbsup:

I’ll send her address to you right now, Misha.

Thank you! :aww:

It’s boxed and ready to go!! It’s kinda spurred me to get other stuff ready to send tomorrow. Get as much done in one go as possible kind of thing…:teehee:

That looks great Misha!:yay:

Thank you, Holly! :muah:

I got the blanket yesterday!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! And big!! I can’t wait to get started on it! Misharf also sent a beautiful skein of Malabrigo Kettle Dyed Pure Merino Wool! It feels so NICE, I’ve never had anything so nice!! Thank you Thank you!!!

I already picked out my yarn, and will hopefully start on it tomorrow night. I had in my stash the perfect color. I will use Caron Simply Soft in Bone. I can’t wait!

Yippee! I’m so glad you got the blanket! :woohoo:

Malabrigo is divine, isn’t it? Just wait until you KNIT with it. It feels like heaven on your fingers.
cloud9

I’m glad it got there safely, and that you like the Mmmmmalabrigo!

Mmmmmmalabrigo… funny! I’m not sure at all what to knit with it tho - anybody have any suggestions? I’ll put it on my list of next project for ME.

One skein should be enough to make a nice scarf. It will be nice to have that yarn up around your face. :slight_smile:

Ooooh, good idea! Scarves usually are a quick knit so that should be perfect! I’ll have to pick a pattern out of the new 2008 Pattern a Day Calendar I just got for Christmas from a co-worker!!! I love that they know me so well…

That was a GREAT gift! You must talk about your knitting a lot.
:wink:

Oh my goodness…I haven’t looked at this thread in a LONG time…and the blanket…WOW!! :inlove: It is just BEAUTIFUL!! It’s come such a long way since I knitted my Hello-From-Florida sunshiney yellow strip! Soooo pretty! Wonderful job everyone!!!:hug: :heart: :hug:

Kind of unbelievable how it’s grown isn’t it! I really can’t wait to see the finished blanket!

The thing that amazes me is that it IS almost complete, and it has taken LESS than a year!
:woohoo:

Hi everybody! I have been knitting on the blanket a lot, but boy! It certainly takes a lot longer than I thought to do 300 stitches per row!!! I may take a little longer than the two week limit to get my part done, but I will try to get it done by next weekend! The holiday’s put a little bit more on my schedule than usual, but I finally have some down time, and don’t go back to work until next Wednesday. It certainly is keeping me WARM. I LOVE it!