October 2018 Whatcha' Knitting?

A new season of knitting and crocheting for us. What have you been up to and what are you planning?
Holiday knitting anyone?rsz_1whatcha_bears

1 Like

I’m back working on 2 wips, the twisted rib cardigan and the top down garter jumper that has short rows all across the bust.When I get fed up working one I switch to the other, back and forth on and on and on … lol
Back is finished on the cardi and I’ve almost finished the 5th(of 6,I think!) of the short row sections on the jumper, getting there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Short rows fly by so quickly (well they are called short rows) that I sometimes lose track of them. Even though I try to be conscientious about my row counter, I manage to skip recording a row. Hmm.
Projects sound fascinating!

Fingering /4ply yarn and size 3xl = 420 sts per row (soon to be 450 sigh) and 28 rows per section, not so short and most definitely not flying along - but still very easy to lose track!! It’s these sort of projects that make me wish my willpower extended beyond knitting into my life choices ie. diet and exercise lol Oh! Well!!
This is the pattern,not sure if I’ve posted it before in Sept. thread - apologies if I have
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/195-3-fading-circles

I’ve added the pattern to my favorites. I’m looking forward to seeing your version.
Yup, lots of sts. No wonder you can get lost in the short rows.

1 Like

Some new knits for gdaughter, she’s growing faster than I can make them lol :smile:

1 Like

Definitely the best dressed girl around. Adorable sweaters and hats! It’s such a pleasure to see you work.

1 Like

Thank you salmonmac x

It’s sweater season! I’ve got one project on the needles. Making a baby sweater for a customer. And then I’ll be making my Christmas sweater. I also knit hats all winter.