October 2017 What'cha Knitting?

Fall is here, ready of not! What’s on your needles?
Ro smaller

6 Likes

I like!

I just finished this blanket, Enchanted Castle by Nicky Epstein. It’s ready for tea with the Princess.

Such a fun knit (and I usually avoid blankets, even baby blankets). I used Plymouth Yarn DK Merino Superwash in Butter.

7-75

8 Likes

Wow what a beautiful blanket

1 Like

Getting close to finishing this sweater - Just working on the turtleneck, and then need to sew the sleeves on!

4 Likes

Beautiful work, absolutely gorgeous :heart_eyes:

So well done! It’s a beautiful design and the knitting is lovely. Did you have a pattern for the sweater?

Thank you salmonmac. It’s actually my own design. The first! I intend to write up and can share if people are interested.

I think that’s a wonderful idea. Congratulations on a successful sweater design and test knit.

1 Like

Why did I start this DK K2/P2 hat that is the worst part double knitting socks? I think I have figured out to do opposites in the ribbing on socks, it makes it a lot less confusing but it’s still like the worst part of socks just bigger and much longer.
I’ll take another picture when I get further. I think I’ve got enough for the rolled over part.

1 Like

Great job

No photos, but I’m making the Truly Triangular scarf in green sparkly chunky weight yarn as a Christmas present for my sister in law.
Next up will probably be mittens with flip tops (do they have a special name?? Might be able to look for more patterns if I knew), and Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon for my friend’s Christmas presents.

Oooh, I like the idea of the green sparkly yarn for a scarf.
Podsters and hobo mitts will pick up a few patterns.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#sort=best&query=podsters

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#view=captioned_thumbs&page=1&sort=best&query=hobo%20mitts

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll show her later and see which ones she likes best.
I’ll try and get some photos of what I’m doing later. The green yarn is a lovely two-tone. I ordered some beads as well to put on the top corners :slight_smile:

1 Like

I´m finishing writing my first baby knitting dress, - Happy Day baby Dress - very soon will be on my ravelry!
017a003a
pattern will be on my etsy and ravelry very soon!

8 Likes

Lilliacrftparty can’t wait to you publish the pattern. I will be first on line. Keep me posted

How darling! Just perfect for a little girl. Love the colors, too.

I am working on a pair of gloves for several students -one is a girl, and two boys. They are patrols at the school. The girl wanted green, I had two balls of Stroll Sour Apple yarn from Knit Picks that I had bought on clearance. The boys both want the color Silver,so I have to order som sport weight Brava.

What a beautiful blanket.

1 Like

Daylily, your gloves are always so beautifully knit. What a thoughtful gift for your students.

1 Like