Now finished! Lace baby cardigan

This is a last minute, baby-shower-is-on-Monday project! :shock: It’s totally doable, I just don’t know why I’ve left it this long. It is for a dear friend of mine’s daughter, who is now just over a month old. I am pretty much following this pattern but I didn’t like the lace pattern it gave and I didn’t like the all-over lace look, so I changed that part up a bit. I’m following the measurements and stitch #'s and all that, I’m just using the ‘Mini Horseshoe Lace’ from The Knitter’s Bible instead, and only up to the armhole level. I am unsure yet whether I will do the hood or not.

So I started this yesterday and finished the back today and cast on for the front left. It is going really fast and I should have it done in time, easily. Oh, the yarn is Bernat Softee Baby, a reeeeally nice yarn I was pleasantly surprised! :smiley: Yes, it is 100% acrylic but it really is very very soft, and it’s a sport weight so perfect for cooler summer days and into the fall.

That’s beautiful! She’ll love it!

Very pretty! :thumbsup:

So pretty and dainty! I like it better how you have done it too. You better post pictures when it is done!

That is so beautiful!!!

Wow - what a wonderful job! I love that color!

Ooh, it’s going to be just lovely. :smiley:

Knitqueen, I’ve used Bernat Softee Baby on baby items, too, and was quite pleased. It’s sooo soft, and it was easy to work with-no splitting or anything.

:smiley: Hurry…knit :XX: :XX: faster, faster, we want to see the FO :wink:
I love, love it…she is going to treasure it forever :wink:

:heart: :heart:

That’s truly beautiful! Love the color and the lace.

It’ll be an heirloom for sure!

Very pretty! Love the lace knitting. Can’t wait to see the FO. :thumbsup:

One sleeve down, about 1/3 of the way through the front left. Should be done in no time! [size=2](although I’ll admit I’m feeling the pressure, especially since yesterday I spent about 3 hours doing gardening…darn sunny days! :wink: )[/size]

And thanks to all of you for your wonderful remarks! :heart:

I’m slugging through the end. Avoiding finishing the second sleeve :rollseyes: . I have done everything else…buttonhole and button bands, buttons sewed on, neck line stitches picked up and knitted (I opted out of the hood, not enough time), woven in ends. Now I have no excuse, second sleeve, here I come.

I’ll be able to post FO pics tomorrow! :cheering:

That is just lovely! I can’t wait to see the FO!!

Re gardening: it’s tough to work in knitting and gardening, darn it! I feel your pain! :rofling:

Just gorgeous!

That looks beautiful! I can’t wait to see it all put together.

Lovely!

Beautiful!!! Can’t wait wait to see it FO :thumbsup:

Well, it’s 100% finished now…I’m very very happy with how it turned out but I’ve yet to get a decent picture of it. I tried outside, not a good day, so I’ll give it a whirl inside with the flash and will get back to you… :smiley:

Here it is! :smiley:

It’s beautiful!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: