November 2019, Whatcha' Knitting?

Finishing up a project? Here’s a great place to post. We love to see what’s on your needles and what you’re planning to start as well.
bobble-hat-4118004__340

1 Like

meisi
I finally conquered my fear of knitting gloves !!

5 Likes

And did you ever! The cables on there are delicious!

1 Like

I’ll say you did. The gloves are beautiful from cables to color.

1 Like

Thank you, I really enjoyed making them :grinning:

Thank you salmonmac, it’s nice to be enjoying knitting again :smile:

1 Like

Wow. What beautiful gloves! Great job! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Jo x

Oh my! They are stunning! Almost gets my courage up to try!9

1 Like

Wow the gloves are beautiful. I have never made gloves before, it looks so hard. Your are so nice!!

1 Like

Thank you Daphnie x Give them a try - what’s the worst that can happen!!

1 Like

Thank you alp x
I’ve tried many times over the years to make gloves but was always let down doing the fingers, it just wouldn’t click for me - until this pair!! I’m still over the moon lol
Give them a go, the pattern is very good, and it’s all just knit and purl at the end of the day :smiley:

Finally getting a chance to get some knitting done! Finished the middle cable panel and picked up stitches along the length last night.

1 Like

Very intriguing and very pretty! What are you making?

woow Amazing how much is price I got this I gift it my wife because After 16 days my wife are birthday

Hey, coincidence: I’ve been really into cables recently, and I open the November whatcha knitting and see two others have posted beautiful cable projects. Maybe it’s a winter thing or something… I am waiting for a package of wools to make some hats and mittens for a ski trip this winter, and just finished a hat in cotton to practice on (no pic right now bc it’s in the wash). I’ve also ordered some used books and put a hold on a library copy of another. I just learned how to cable without a cable needle the other day, which was fun!

2 Likes

Ooh! Lovely cablework, very scrumptious, please keep updating your progress :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Me too! About being into cables right now lol. Just something so satisfying about seeing the twists and turns actually work!

1 Like

My apologies for not mentioning, it is a scarf. I garter stitched out a half inch, made a purl ridge to help it fold to the back, then gartered the back part so it would be double layered before purl ridging again to fold it back to the front and connect to the other side of the cable.

Going to have to wash and block tomorrow, going to be a beast to get dry but it should be so warm :smiley:

4 Likes

Figured I’d end my curiosity about sweaters, so I’m starting one will post progress pics.

2 Likes