November 2018 Whatcha' Knitting?

Into winter or summer knitting (depending on your hemisphere) yet? Show us what you have on the needles, please.
rsz_lake-constance-673103__480

waterfall
Tried so hard to finish this yesterday but those fringes took forever!! Never mind, it can go in here instead. I used this pattern and added a couple of changes: a hood, k3,P2 for the body, fringes done by hand into twists with a french knot to finish.

What a pretty, graceful jacket! I’ll bet the fringe took forever but it turned out so well.

Thank you salmonmac, I’m very happy with how it’s turned out - but that fringe was a real test for my patience!! :joy:

That is gorgeous!

Beautiful coat! Awesome work, as usual😉

I taught myself stranded colorwork a couple nights ago:) I swatched a Stranded Diamond pattern because I want to knit a few for Christmas presents! This is my swatch

Turns out, this swatch is useful as a headband lol

Thank you so much :blush:

Thank you x
I love your stranded swatch :blue_heart: It looks pretty perfect to me and makes a very stylish headband. I adore the colours in the variegated yarn

Beautifully done! Your work and colors are very pretty.

Thank you both!! Now I have to learn how to knit with dpns so I can actually knit the hat pattern that goes with this Stranded Diamonds pattern😁

I’m working on another Christmas present project: Appleseed Coasters from MDK Field Guide #8 featuring patterns from Thea Coleman

Take your time and I expect dpns will feel very awkward when you first try but just give it time and they will all start behaving for you.Remember you can use 2 circs or magic loop instead of dpns if it all feels really impossible but persevere is my advice. Good Luck :shamrock:

Lovely, very pretty for Christmas

Thank you for your encouragement!
I’m taking a class next week, at my lys, to learn more ways to knit in the round:) Came at a perfect time!!

There is no stopping you! The coasters are very nice and will make a wonderful present.
It took me quite a while to figure out that I needed bamboo dpns rather than metal ones. Now I love to use them for projects.

I am working on another blanket for my youngest grandson’s Christmas present. I am using Knit Picks Brava yarn in the colors Caution, Canary and Custard. He wanted yellow since it is his favorite color. I am using the same pattern I used in his dad’s retirement afghan.

Oooo, would luv to see a pic when completed;)

Sweater just completed and afghan, socks and hearts all ongoing projects. The hearts are such great little give aways

Oops. Socks were cut off in last photo.