Not sure how to follow Divide for neck instructions?

Hi,
My friend asked me to knit some sweater vests for her chickens for the winter. I’m using the second pattern listed in this link (Nanny North’s version):

I’m at the part where I should begin knitting the neck hole section, but I’ve never worked a garment before and I’m not sure what this means:

"Divide for neck;
Work 11 sts, cast off 3, work to end – complete this half first.

1. k4, p to end
  2. cast off 2, k to end
  3. k4, p to end
  4. k2tog, k to end
  5. k4, p2tog, p to end
    Work 4 rows straight
  6. K to last 5 sts, Inc in next St, k4.
  7. K4, p to last St, Inc in next St.
  8. Cast on 2 sts, k to end, (11sts)
  9. K4, p to end
  10. K
    Break yarn and rejoin to the other side of neck. "

Does this mean that for the first row, I’ll knit 11 stitches, cast off three, knit to the end, then basically only work one side at a time?
Thanks for any help, I’m a pretty new knitter!

It wouldn’t let me post the link above, trying here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1421133#post1421133

Welcome to KH!
Yes, that’s it exactly. When this side is finished, you’ll attach the yarn end to the first side and finish that side.
http://www.hencam.co.uk/hencam_forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=414&page=1

Thank you so much! You even found the right link after I posted the wrong one :slight_smile:

I just finished that section and it turned out just like the pattern! Now it raised a new question for me. After I complete both sides and rejoin them, do I start the increases in the very next row or work 5 rows and start increasing in the 6th row? I chose the latter and it doesn’t look quite right…

Thanks again for the help!

Great! Yes the increases start right away.

"Work to match, reversing shapings and ending at wing hole edge. Thats row 13.
[U]Row 14:[/U] Next row K4. P7. Cast on 3sts then from the sts on holding pin P7.K4.
[U]Row 15, first inc row:[/U] Now K4. Inc into next st. K to last 5sts. Inc in next st. K4
Inc I st at each end of following 6th row until there are 41sts on needle. "

So then the increases follow on rows 21,27,33, etc.

Oh that makes perfect sense, thanks so much for breaking out down for me, I really appreciate it!