Non-Increasing Eyelet

Hi there, I am new to the forum and have a question.
I am having a problem figuring out this stitch called a “non-increasing eyelet.” Can someone help me figure it out?

I have 2 stitches followed by three yarn-overs on the needle.
These are the instructions:

“Insert needle into first 2 sts as if to k2tog, then insert needle under all 3 strands of yo and k5tog (the last 2 sts and the 3 yo), then purl all 3 yo strands at once.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome!
This one ways a new one to me but I tried it on the needles and it’s just possible to do. I slipped the first 2sts to the right needle knitwise and then inserted the right needle into the 3 yarn overs and knit them together. Then I slipped the first 2 knit sts which were sitting on the right needle over the st made by knitting the 3 yarn overs together. To purl into the 3 yarnovers I picked them up with the left needle and purled into them. In the end I had 2sts on the right needle in place of the original 2sts.
The hardest part is knitting into the 3 yarnovers. You need to keep them loose. I wonder if there isn’t an easier way to achieve the same effect? Would a single yarnover work just as well and give a less bulky stitch? Can you link to the pattern?

Wow, thanks, I didn’t expect such a quick answer. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a scanner, but it’s this pattern on Ravelry, if the picture will give you a clue. I think I’m supposed to be getting rid of the three yo on this row. Wondering why I couldn’t just knit them all together or do something else to get rid of them. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pluie-pullover

Yeah, I think if you did a double YO and dropped one loop, knit into it then it may work out.

I like Sue’s idea of the double yarn over with one loop then dropped. It’ll give you the large eyelet and you won’t have to push the needle into all those triple yarnovers. That just splits the yarn and causes misery instead of enjoyable knitting. You could do a k2tog and then knit into the double yarnover and then you won’t increase a stitch. Try it and see if you like it.