NON-Cotton Dishcloth Yarn?

Hi all;
I want to knit a few dishcloths for my sister, but I hate knitting with all-cotton yarn–no give to it. Will a cotton blend or acrylic stand up to the use and laundering? Thanks so much for your help!
knitzippy

I’ve made washcloths with Cotton Ease which is a cotton acrylic blend from lion brand. they are very soft. but the have only been washed a couple times, as I only finished them last month!

several people have used a microfiber from Lion Brand (Microspun)with good results. it just doesn’t absorb water.

Thanks, MaryKZ, I’ll look at these yarns!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]I’ve used the microspun and they are nice dishcloths for everything except mopping up spills and only leaving a thin layer of water when wiping down tables, counters, etc. They scrub nice and don’t fade when soaked in bleach. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]With that said, I finially tried nuking my cotton dishcloth yesterday for 30 seconds to kill odor. Worked like a total charm! Can’t believe I waited this long to try it![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]