Next row with 114 stitches?

I’m knitting a baby cardigan. The row goes

K9, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k3, k2tog 11 times, k2, k2tog, k10, 114 sts

Next row k4 purl to last 4 sts then k4

How do I put the 114 sts in next row or does it mean continue on the row I’m on? I don’t understand how I can knit that row then move onto the next row with the 114 sts, I’m so confused. Any advice welcome thanks

i feel like there are supposed to be parentheses somewhere in there…

if you “K9, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k3, k2tog 11 times” that’s already 187 stitches on your right hand needle, before you even get to the “k2, k2tog, k10”

and if you “K9, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k3, (k2tog 11 times), k2, k2tog, k10” that’s only 40 stitches total ending up on your right hand needle.

so was there extra punctuation or line breaks?

Welcome to KH. The 114 sts tells you that you should have 114 sts on the needle when you finish that row.

I’m glad somebody can do the arithmetic to figure that out. Thanks. I was thinking there must be a lot of stitches in play already.

I’m so confused.

Pattern goes:
1st row, knit
2nd row, k4, purl to last 4sts, k4
3rd row, k5, * (k2tog) twice, (yawed, k1), 4 times, (k2tog) twice, rep from * to last 5 sts, k5.
4th row, knit.
From 1st row to 4th row sets patt.
Keeping continuity of patt as set cont until work measures approximately 17cm ending with 4th row patt.
Next row, k9, k2tog, (k2, k2tog, k3, k2tog) 13 times, k2, k2tog, k10. 114sts.

Do you think when I knit it means I will be left with 114sts on my right needle? Thank you everyone

I’ve done my mathematics. Sorry everyone I’m new to this and thank you for your help. The last row will leave me with 114 sts

:cheering:

I’m glad to see that it worked out right for you. Some of these things just take a while to get used to, reading patterns can be challenging. I hope you’ll share a picture when you’re done. If you have more questions do be sure to ask.

Thanks again. If I get to the end I will post a pic lol

yes, please! everybody here loves seeing finished work (and works in progress, and great pattern idea pictures and… ) :wink: