Newbie and a quesetion

Hello everyone

I’m a newbie here. Been lurking for quite a while and have found the website really useful. I’m 25 and I’m a relatively new knitter - started about 4 months ago but am really loving it. I have managed to make simple things so far like blankets, jumpers, hats, scarves etc but today, have started to adventure into the world of cabling.

I’m making a tea cosy for a friend (her request) and there is a bit in the pattern that has confused me:

[B]1st row : K1, * k2, p2; repeat from * until 3 remain, k3

2nd row : K1, p2; * k2, p2; repeat from * until 1 remains, k1. Repeat these two rows six times more.

** Cable row: K3, * p2, cable 6; repeat from * until 5 sts remain, p2, k3

Work the second row again, then the 1st and 2nd rows 3 times more

Repeat from ** for depth required to the top of your teapot, then work the 1st and 2nd rows again. [/B]

Now I have done the cable row for the first time and know that I need to do the second row and the 1st and 2nd rows 3 more times, but when it says repeat from **, do I just do the cable rows or do I do the second row and 1st and 2nd rows again? I’m not sure.

Thanks and I look forward to getting to ‘know’ some of you.

The row repeat starts on row 3, repeat rows 2 and 1 as stated, then do another row 3. This is the part you repeat.

[I]Cable row: K3, * p2, cable 6; repeat from * until 5 sts remain, p2, k3
Work the second row again, then the 1st and 2nd rows 3 times more[/I]

Thank you very much. Seems to be working really well now. Can now tick cabling off as one of the things i have tried! :woohoo: