New to knitting!

Hello,

Well, like my title says I’m new to knitting and there is a question I need to ask. I’m working on my first project (scarf) after having learned how to do the knit stitch and purl stitch but I’m having one problem, when I get to the last stitch on the needle I don’t really know how to correctly transfer it over to the next needle to start again. Can someone please explain this to me? And if you know of a video that shows how, it would be even better.

Before I forget, thank you so much knittinghelp.com! Because of your awesome videos I learned the basics of knitting.

Hi there!

I am not sure what you mean by transfer the stitch. When you get to the end of the needle, you’ll just knit (or purl) the last stitch on to your left hand needle. Then you turn the needle over, switch it to your right hand and the empty one to your left hand, and start knitting or purling again.

Hope that helps!

When you get to the end of the needle, you’ll just knit (or purl) the last stitch on to your left hand needle.

Right hand needle unless you’re knitting completely left handed.

The last stitch is done just like the others, then you have an empty needle and a full needle. Swap the needles so the one with stitches is in your left hand and knit the next row.