New to Knitting

Hello I’m Reney. I’m new to all of this and need guidance desperatly,lol. If anyone has patience and can maybe help that would be great.

Hi Reney, welcome. What sort of help do you need? Just ask your questions and we’ll help you figure it out.

I’m trying slippers, my first one is a little square lol, so i found this one…the pattern says for men but it says to start cast on 2sts then knit first row? then theres instructions for the 2nd row, But it keeps showing stars. (star star 3rd and 4th rows - knit) Now what are the stars and how do i know how many sts toget the right size.
Next when it says Inc 1 st in 1st st, (i get the include 1 st, but not the second half? thank yous very much
Reney

I’m trying slippers, my first one is a little square lol, so i found this one…the pattern says for men but it says to start cast on 2sts then knit first row? then theres instructions for the 2nd row, But it keeps showing stars. (star star 3rd and 4th rows - knit) Now what are the stars and how do i know how many sts toget the right size.
Next when it says Inc 1 st in 1st st, (i get the include 1 st, but not the second half? thank yous very much
Reney

It’s “increase” in the 1st stitch- so you would knit it, NOT slip it off the needles, and knit it again through the back loop. (1 stitch increased- because you now have 2 stitches!) If you click on the videos above then increases- you will see lots of ways to do it. I usually knit f&b to increase if it doesn’t state otherwise.

For the stars- it usually means to repeat what is between them a certain # of times. Can you type the line of that pattern to help us?

I also want to let Reney know it’s not necessary to delete a post after you have a question answered. Other people may be wanting to know the same thing.