New to group & question

Hi all!
I am Susan from CA, transplanted in TN & loving it! I started knitting about 4 years ago. My mom was a long time knitter and I am trying to catch up.

Question:What does it mean to increase every 4th row twice and then every 6th row (11 times)? Do I increase 1, 2, 3 increase(4), 5, 6, 7 increase (8)? I hope this makes sense! I am working on the sleaves of a sweater.
Thanks & glad to be here.:yay:
Susan

You would increase on rows 1 and 4 (every fourth row x 2) although confusingly some patterns would meen this to be rows 4 and 8.
then after that you would increase (if we assume it was first on 1 and 4) on rows 10, 16, 22 (i.e. every 6th row) etc until you had done 11 more increases. for a total of 13 increase rows.

Question:What does it mean to increase every 4th row twice and then every 6th row (11 times)? Do I increase 1, 2, 3 increase(4), 5, 6, 7 increase (8)?

I would understand it to mean to increase on the 4th row from wherever they are giving the direction, and then the 4th row after that, which would be the 8th row from the beginning point. Then you would increase on the 6th row from there until you had increased 11 times more. Those would fall on rows 14, 20, 26, 32, 38, etc.

Thanks merigold … .im glad one of us can count! i knew the principal of what i was aying was correct but the numbers didn’t seem right ( i blame being overworked!)