New Shawl with Vintage Yarn

About a year ago, I started making a shawl for a charity project. Unfortunately, I missed the deadline, so I am going to have to keep this shawl for myself. (Poor me! :teehee: )

I made up the pattern as I went along, using some vintage wool pompadour yarn I had in my stash.

Here’s the yarn I used. It came in a knitting kit from the 50’s.

And here’s the shawl, blocking on my bed:

It has taken exactly a year to finish the knitting. I made up the design as I went along, using mostly stockinette, with a lace design at both ends. I made the two ends simultaneously on two different circular needles. Today, I finally seamed them together.

Here’s how it looked as it was being made:

And here’s a close-up view of the lace detail as it’s being blocked:

It’s so nice to get it finished!

That’s so pretty!

It’s gorgeous!!! Well worth the wait!

Beautiful!

It’s really beautiful! I love that vintage yarn. :inlove:

Bambi

Thank you all! I’m very proud of this shawl. It blocked very well today, and looks so nice. I’ll post a new photo tomorrow. I think this is one of the nicest things I’ve ever knit! cloud9

Lovely!

Gorgeous! Love the color! Good for you!

Really pretty. One of my favorite colors.

That’s very pretty, Sandy. Looks like something my friend Marne would have knitted.

They were really into tiny needle sizes back then, weren’t they?

Thank you, my friends! :hug:

As promised, here are new photos.

My new wrap, after being blocked. It’s folded, and displayed on the chest in my living room.

A look at the lace edging. It blocked well!

And here it is being modeled by me. :slight_smile:

I love it!

Love it! Looks great on you!

Thanks Penny! :slight_smile:
I can’t stop looking at it. :heart:

I just love that color and the lace pattern really sets it off…Very pretty, Sandy!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thank you Mary! :hug:

Nice job Sandy - I like the lace pattern you used! What a [I]“shame”[/I] you have to keep it for yourself! :teehee:

That’s beautiful! …and, just as I thought…that color looks good on you too…

Thank you, Margaret and Melanie! :hug:

Ooooo la la! This turned out just beautiful, Sandy! You are on a roll!

Thank you, Dollyce! :hug: