About a year ago, I started making a shawl for a charity project. Unfortunately, I missed the deadline, so I am going to have to keep this shawl for myself. (Poor me! :teehee: )
I made up the pattern as I went along, using some vintage wool pompadour yarn I had in my stash.
Here’s the yarn I used. It came in a knitting kit from the 50’s.
And here’s the shawl, blocking on my bed:
It has taken exactly a year to finish the knitting. I made up the design as I went along, using mostly stockinette, with a lace design at both ends. I made the two ends simultaneously on two different circular needles. Today, I finally seamed them together.
Here’s how it looked as it was being made:
And here’s a close-up view of the lace detail as it’s being blocked:
It’s so nice to get it finished!