New pattern

I am knitting a sweater dress- it seems easy enough, but I am experiencing a bit of confusion, I think this is just a translation issue, (it was originally written in Ukrainian)

Indian Blue Sweater dress

Cast on 106 stitches- knit 210 rows Make cut out for the neck at the centre of the details. Cast off 40 stitches and cast on 40 stitches - knit 210 rows-
So does this mean that the front and back are one piece then? (Originally I was going to make two pieces alike and then knit the shoulders together- leaving a hole for my head) ALSO, can you clearly explain the cast off and cast on again so that I have a whole in the middle then for my head?

I did not link the pattern because it cant be copied- but I found the pattern on Ravelry

Thanks for the help!

Interesting pattern!
Yes, it sounds like it’s knit in one piece although the Ravelry tags don’t indicate that or not. It really depends on where the pattern goes from here.
That said, it sounds like it could be one piece. If possible, I would bind off the center 40sts and knit to the end of the row, turn and knit to the bound off sts. Cast on 40 sts and knit to the end of the row. That opening will be the boat neck opening for your head.

1 Like

Thanks- I will let you know if I need more help! I will also post a picture when I am done- it is already beautiful- I am knitting it with sparkly yarn, Caron Party in Teal!

Great! Sounds like fun.