New pattern...help

I have a quick question about a pattern…I am working on the Babies Neckdown Cardigan from Knitting Pure and Simple and my directions say: Continue to work rows 2 and 3 until there are 23 sts between the back markers (I’m good there)…At the end of this last increase row, cast onto the right tip of the needle 3 sts…

I don’t think I’ve ever worked on a pattern that calls for me to cast on to the end of a row…how exactly do I do that? I primarily use the long-tail cast on method but am willing to use any method that works for this (so long as I know the name so I can watch Amy’s video if I’m not familiar w/ it…LOL). Am I casting on using my working yarn?

Help please! I have knitting fever and no 3 yr old at home to interrupt…I want to fly through some of this piece tonight!!!

Use the backward loop cast on with your working yarn. :wink:

here

Just use the backward loop cast on. I’ve made one for me and now I’m making a child’s version and am on the sleeves.

Thanks Ingrid and Jan! Jan–I think I’m making this sweater off of your recommendation! Do you mind if I pm you if I run into problems??? It’s been easy enough so far…obviously…I haven’t gotten through much of it yet. It’s my first sweater!!