New Member with Question

Hi! My name is Ceceli and I was thrilled to find this site! I have a question…I’ve been knitting for 12 years, but I just can’t seem to get my “twist” stitches to look smooth. I’m knitting something that has lots of right twists. Can anyone give me some tips on how to make them prettier?

I guess I don’t know what you mean by twists…are you doing something with cables, or does the pattern have actual twisted stitches? :thinking: A picture might help. :slight_smile:

If you’re working cables, then I know exactly what you mean about the right twist; it never looks as good as the left. And if I’m working a cable with three stitches, the one furthest left (the last one to be knit) looks the worst.

I’ve found, though, that if I keep the cable needle flush to the working needles, the stitch doesn’t stretch as much and look all weird.

:thumbsup: That Angelia, she knows everything!

It’s not really cables. My mom has decided she can’t live without hand knitted dishcloths. The one I’m doing now has 4 right twists in a row…it makes the stitches look like they’re slanting. The stitch is K2 tog, don’t drop the stitch, then knit into the 1st st and then drop both. I’m knitting in cotton, so that might have something to do with it. Some look good, and some don’t look so good.

The stitch is K2 tog, don’t drop the stitch, knit into 1st stitch, then drop both. I’m knitting in cotton, so there’s not much give in the thread. Maybe that’s why some of the stitches don’t look so good.

I know what you mean, I knit a sweater with that, and it takes a while to get used to the stitch and neaten it up. It just takes lots of practice and getting used to the stitches.