New knitter

Hi, I just found this site tonight and I had to join and say thank you. I am just learning to knit and tonight finished knitting my first poncho. I got to joining it together and in search of help found this wonderful site. I found out how to join it together and just had to come and say thank you so much for a great site.

Welcome–I recently joined myself (that sounds like I connected my body parts!) and find it to be an enjoyable and informative forum. :smiley:

Hello and welcome! :happydance: This is a great site… for the company and the knitting :thumbsup:

Yes. welcome, welcome…we have such talented :XX: around here…well, for instance, as Ingrid said, she just joined herself & we know she did so by :x: as oppossed to regular sewing machine…isn’t that so, ingrid…u didn’t use a sewing machine, corrrect?!
budlington… :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: CONGRATS on the poncho, look forward to having you around!!'
have a :XX: :XY: …but not much of a :frog: kind of week one & all

Congratulations on finishing a poncho–I have been knitting for 6 months and am on my 5th scarf–too chicken to do anything else but knit rectangles! :thumbsup:

[quote=“rebecca”]as Ingrid said, she just joined herself & we know she did so by :x: as oppossed to regular sewing machine…isn’t that so, ingrid…u didn’t use a sewing machine, corrrect?!

That’s right, I bought a sewing machine for steeks and that’s ALL it’s been used for. :mrgreen:

hi and welcome, budlington! :cheering:
I’m kinda new here too.
congrats on the poncho! :heart: :smiley:

Thank you for the warm welcome, and also I received lots of help here and it is very much appreciated. I look forward to chatting with you all about knitting.