New knitter

I am knitting a beanie hat…all good until I got to this row.
P2[(k2p2) 4 times k2 p2 tog] 5 times k2

I am very confused as to which stitches are knitted when…because of all these brackets.

Thank you for any help in spelling this out for me.

This is how I read it,

p p
k k p p, k k p p, k k p p, k k p p - k k p2tog
k k

I’m not the best deciphering patterns so you may want to wait to see if anyone agrees.

1 Like

Looks perfect to me, Mike.

Sue123, work the repeat in parentheses 4 times, then finish the directions in brackets. Repeat all the directions in brackets 5 times. Mike has nicely written it out for you stitch by stitch.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. Like you say Mike has plotted it out for me so easily.

Hi Mike
Now why did I not see it like this. You have made an enormous difference. Thank you for all your trouble. :innocent::innocent:

1 Like

No trouble.
I write it in easier to understand stitch by stitch, copy, count the pastes. That’s how I do it when I run into something like that.
I wouldn’t be able to follow that ([]x4)x5 unless I wrote it out. I almost missed the k2 before the p2tog writing it out.

Hi Mike last row now

[s11 k2tog psso] 8 times

Do I have to rejoin wool after slipping 11 not sure I have understood this right.

Many thanks

Sue

The strand shouldn’t be unjoined from slipping.
Although I don’t understand why it’s slipping 11 without being able to read ahead or seeing a picture. I count 120 stitches -16. Seems like a lot for the last row but some hats do just bunch up the top.

(Edit) And the original question sounded like the decrease rows that had 99 stitches. Are you sure it’s not slipping 1? (/Edit)

[image1.jpeg]
Of course it is silly me! It’s only one stitch isn’t it. Must be the snow frozen my brain. Thank you, once again. Hope to send you a pic soon.:joy:
Sue

1 Like

:joy: My eyes see a lot of things that make me do a double take.

1 Like

The finished hat. Just doing scarf now. Thank you for your help. Merry Christmas [image1.jpeg]

Sue

2 Likes

Terrific looking hat! Well done.

1 Like