New knitter, please help!

I am trying to do a ribbed pattern (k2p2), and it ends on a purl stitch. I cannot figure out how to start the next row, hoping someone can help me out. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Rib stitches are two sided. One side is purl and the other is knit. So if you end on purl stitches you turn the work work and start with knit stitches.

The general way to remember ribbing of any type is knit the knits and purl the purls…as they face you. As they face you means the stitches that you are seeing as you start that row. If the stitch looks like the V’s or a scarf around a neck then you knit those. If the stitch is a loop up close to the needle, you purl those. See the sample.

Learn what the stitches look like it’ll help you the rest of your knitting life.

It also helps to remember that a purl stitch on one side is actually a knit stitch when you turn your work over, so you are knitting a knit stitch on the other side of a purl when the work is turned.

Thanks for the help, I had not even though of turning the thing around…I appreciate it :cool: