New Flu Strain Making The Rounds

Just a heads up folks. There is a new flu strain going around. Even if you’ve had a flu shot you won’t be protected from this one and it’s especially nasty. I know because I have it right now and feel like I’m gonna die.

There have been wide-spread outbreaks in 11 states so far and its spreading. Just wanted everyone to be aware of it so you can take reasonable precautions.

Mason, I hope you feel better soon :hug:

thanks for letting us know :hug:

Darn it. Although we’re not even protected from the regular flu right now because we just realized that we FORGOT to get the shot this year…we ALWAYS get it in September and somehow, we missed it.

People are looking at me like I’m the crazy one when I pull out the giant bottle of anti-bacterial stuff and wipe down the shopping cart…but I REFUSE to get it this year.

I am so sorry that you are sick Mason. I know the last time I had the flu, I begged dh to shoot me. I was more than half serious, it hurt so much.:wink:

Get well soon.

I hear you, Mason. I have not had this strain of flu this year (knock on wood), but many of my co-workers and students have and it is a kicker!!! I’ve already heard of two people having been admitted to the hospital because it’s just so horrible! I hope you’re feeling better soon!!!

To be honest I seriously considered the hospital last night. I was up coughing every hour on the hour all night long. But really, what can they do about it? It just has to run it’s course.

I just trudged through this snowstorm we’re having up here in WI so I could pick up several bottles of Gatorade, some Nyquil, and some orange juice. I’ll just have to ride it out. It’s snowing like mad, a cold wind is blowing, and yet I was drenched in sweat by the time I made it back to my hotel room. Unreal.

I’m not whining, just trying to communicate just how nasty this little bug really is. You really don’t want to catch this thing.

Ugggh, I hope you feel better real soon! That sounds like a nasty bug.

I’m sitting here battling a toothache and trying to work, which isn’t fun at all.

Take care of yourself.

CBH

Egads!! Now I feel like wrapping myself in Saran Wrap everytime I go out.
Hope you feel better soon, sorry you have to go through this. :hug:

Ugh, I hate a toothache. I’d rather be shot. Hope it feels better soon.

Mason, get well soon :hug: !
Hugs from Jerusalem :grphug:

You poor thing Mason! I hope you get over it soon :hug:

Man that must be what I’ve had since Thursday, it SUCKS! I’m finally back at work but only for sessions…I’m still coughing up vital organs. :ick:

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Hi Mason,
Sorry to hear that you are feeling so crappy! I hope you get over it soon. :hug:

One thing that my doctor recommended for me that [I]REALLY [/I]helped is to use a combination of Mucinex (the 12hour one, not the mucinex-d) and Sudafed (the real sudafed behind the counter, not the PE junk). This combo can help dry up any post nasal drip, which is the thing that makes you cough when you lay down.

Also extra-strength Tylenol every 6 hours for pain/fever, whether you feel like you need it or not. It works much better when there is a stable amount in your system than trying to “chase” symptoms.

There are prescription antiviral meds that can be really effective, so if you get worse you should think about seeing someone. HTH.

Ugh! I knew the flu was going around, but I didn’t know the flu shot wasn’t helping!

Mason, feel better soon, and be sure to stay hydrated!

Hi Mason.
Wrap up warm and take it easy . Lots of sleep and rest . I hope you ger better soon :slight_smile:

I hope you feel better really soon Mason. Take care!

I’m so sorry Mason I really hope you feel better soon!!

My co-worker here got hit with it. She was out for a week and a half. and she had a the flu shot. My work provides the flu shot for everyone because we work long hours which can lower your immune system. Poor thing looked terrible by the time she came back.

I’m so sorry to hear! :hug: Hope you get to feeling better soon!

And dh and I were just congratulating ourselves because we got our flu shot and we have not even had a cold this season. I hope we don’t run into this new strain. Mason, hope you get well real soon. Take care of yourself.

I’ve been sick for the last 10 days with some sort of crud. I figured it was the flu since it’s lasted so long, but I also figured it was viral and didn’t go to a doctor. I am STILL coughing and so is DH. We tried Mucinex and it does seem to help loosen the crud in your chest so you can cough it up. Ick.

I am feeling better though and hope you do soon, Mason! :hug: