Never leave home without my knitting

I find myself busier these days than I really want to be. Between homeschool, piano lessons, nanny jobs, Rachel’s swim practices, house work, etc…there is little time left for knitting. I think that I need to sit down and get some things organized and see what can be left off my busy schedule. I really need to find time to knit so that I can finish the last 3 Christmas gifts that are on the needles. Once that is done I will feel so much more relaxed.

Can you delegate at all? Not sure how old your girls are.

I wish that I could but we’ve tried that before and it always ends up falling on my shoulders. Oh well, that’s life. My mom always said, “God gave women all the strength.” Now I know what she really meant when she said that. It has nothing to do with physical strength, it is far more than that. I just need to learn to say no to people when they ask me to do extra things that I don’t have time for.

My girls did their own laundry starting in middle school…so age 12 or so. No clean clothes? Oops…did you forget your laundry? Again? They learn pretty quickly. I also had them take turns cleaning their bathroom and setting the table for dinner.

I figured it was at least something, but now with 20/20 hindsight I wish I’d had them learn/do more to help keep up the house they live in. If I had my life to do over they certainly would.

We all raise our kids differently and have different tolerances though so you have to do what is right for you and your family. :hug:

Thanks for the advice, Jan! I’m going to have to set up a chore list again like I did in the past. Another idea that might work is to just put in on their school planner each day so that they have everything in the same place. Sure wish that you could train a husband as well as you can your kids :teehee: That’s a very long story…:wall: :nails: :tap: :gah:

Sometimes life just STINKS! Today I got pulled over for the inspection sticker on my car (it was expired). DH was supposed to get that taken care of back in MAY when the car failed the emissions test. Has he taken care of it yet? Obviously, NOT!!! He is on my, “I’m not so happy with you right now” list. Guess that’s one more stinkin thing that I will need to take care of too, car repairs! GREAT!!! The one thing that I have learned recently is that the only person you can count on is yourself. Your happiness doesn’t rest on anyone else but you. So today I’m going to do what I need to do to take care of myself and my girls and let the chips fall where they may. All I can do is my best and leave the rest in God’s hands.

Still trying to get the car to pass the emissions inspection. We have determined that there are about 3 sensors that need to be changed and maybe the catalitic convertor. Thank God I have a handy husband who can do these repairs if he ever gets the time off work. His job has been super busy that past month plus he has been sick with the crud. This weekend he has off and is too sick to go deer hunting. Now that’s SICK!

DD1 was diagnosed with ADHD in addition to Aspergers; Social Anxiety; Sensory Intergration Disorder; OCD; Depression; Asthma and Incontinence. Poor kid is only 15 and has so much to deal with at such a young age. But her Dr. put her on medication for the ADHD and it is like someone turned on the light bulb. She can focus on school work, finish projects, is polite, patient and helpful around the house. She has done all of the dishes and laundry all week without being asked. She is now on a better schedule with everything in her life and is staying organized. What a difference medicine can make. Tonight she is even finishing a hat on DPN’s for the very first time. I am so proud of her.

DD2 is not feeling well, but has been able to work through it and continue with her swimming. Although it was cold at the pool this week and it didn’t help that the heater in the outdoor pool broke. What a horrible time for that to happen but what can you do? They did swim indoors last night but the water temp was about 90 which is too hot for training.

I’m working on my last hat for Christmas. Then the only thing that I have to finish for the in-laws is the throw blanket. Luckily the weather is perfect for me to be working on it. Tomorrow I think that the girls and I will drive to Paige, TX to a yarn store there. It is such a cute and comfortable little country store. Plus it would be nice to get out of the city for a day. The traffic here has been getting on my nerves a little bit lately. Guess that’s just how city life can be.

Hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoys the extra hour of sleep tomorrow night.

Just when I thought that my holiday knitting was complete I had a request from DD’s swim coach. Since I take my knitting EVERY WHERE with me I have people asking me to knit things for them. The recent request is for toe socks in 100% wool that is machine washable and machine dryable. I went to my LYS and found Cascade Superwash Sport in a beautiful green (which is his favorite color). The pattern that I am using is just a basic rib from top untill you start to knit each individual toe. It should knit up rather fast so that we can give them to him before the holiday break. He wants to wear them with his flip flops by the pool when it gets cold. The yarn was very affordable and is knitting up very nicely.

On the car front~UGH!!! We are still trying to get it to pass the emissions inspection and I got my court date pushed back until the middle of December. Now we need to apply for government help to get the car fixed. Please keep your fingers corssed that we will be able to fix the problem and get the inspection so that I don’t have to pay the $115.00 ticket. It’s a good thing that we are all so crafty because that is all that we can afford to do for Christmas again this year. Oh well, maybe we can get those Kindle’s for the girls some other time, like their birthdays.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you wonderful knitters!

Today I bought myself an early Christmas prestent. I bought “The Knitters Book of Yarn.” I am getting so tired of knitting something up and then when I go to block it the fiber does a funky thing, even though I’m following what I was told to do at my LYS. Now I will have no excuses because I’ll be an informed knitter who knows a little more about fibers. I can’t wait to dig into my new book.

I think I have that book and if I recall it’s a good one!

Sorry to hear about your daughter, but I’m glad the meds are working! :thumbsup:

Hope you get the car fixed soon and can get life back on track so you aren’t ready to pull your hair out. Bad time of year for that what with all that’s going on. :wink:

Thanks for your words of encouragement Jan. Things here have been very stressful. DD has had to be taken off the medications for ADHD b/c it was making her very aggressive and angry all of the time. She was even having thoughts of hurting herself. I’ve been through this with her before and it scares the wits out of me. I don’t sleep much b/c I have to keep an eye on her at all times. So I sleep when she does. It has taken a toll on the whole family.

The brighter side of life is that we are working on a “Graditude Journal” everyday as a family. It is helping us to keep focus on all of our blessings and to be thankful for all that we have. It is also giving us some quality family time together everyday and something to look forward to each day.

DD2, (my swimmer) has her try out scheduled for the USA Swim Team on December 14th. Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well and that she will make the team. She is working very hard on her swimming.

Still waiting to get the stupid car fixed and trying to pay the bills. Not much will be under the C-mas tree again this year but we have each other and that’s all that counts right now.

It seems as if our blog thread group is getting smaller :pout: Where have all the people gone? Oh well, maybe they are all busy doing their holiday shopping. I’m STILL working on my holiday knitting. Everythim I start to do a little dance b/c I’ve finished, someone wants me to knit something else. Or I think that I need to knit something for a special person in my life. I’m not making as much progress as I would like and things are going much slower than I’d like. Life just seems to happen, good or bad, and we end up going with the flow of things. Some days that is all that I can manange to do, go with the flow and let things happen. Hope things are going well for all of my fellow knitters.

Most people are posting in the rest of the forum and not here in the blog threads I think. I’ve tried to draw you out there, but you like to hide. :lol:

There is always too much to do this time of year. You’d think I’d learn to start earlier, but nooooo…I wait till the last minute. Ugh. :doh:

Jan, you are so right~I do like to hide :teehee: Maybe I’ll have to spread my wings a little and start posting on the other parts of the web site.

One of these days I’m going to learn to say “NO” to people. That way I won’t be so stressed with the extra knitting so close to the holidays.

:woot: YIPEE :cheering: :yay: :happydance: :woohoo: My youngest daughter Rachel (knit2tunes) just made the Bronze level USA Swim Team today. She had her first practice tonight and is mighty tired and sore. I am so proud of both my girls! :muah:

That’s awesome! Congratulations to her and you!

Well, back to work tonight and our regular schedule tomorrow. These past two weeks just flew right by. Not sure if my c-mas knitting was a hit or a miss :shrug: Only 2 of the relatives said “thank you” and asked how to care for their new wool hats. My MIL didn’t even take the throw blanket out of the box to look at :wall: I told DH that this would be the last time that I knit something for his side of the family. HAPPY NEW YEAR to y’all.:muah: :hug:

:yay: to your daughter

Hope both of them are doing well

:pray: for a good year

I was kind of surprised you knit for your MIL especially after the pill she’s been. I’m sorry they didn’t appreciate your hard work. Definitely don’t bother knitting for any of them again!! :hug:

Oh Jan, it was a hard decision to knit for her but DH really wanted me to give them the throw that I was knitting. After he saw what she did on Christmas he was very upset. Maybe that’s what it took for him to realize what a pill she really is. And no, I won’t be knitting for any of them ever again. Most people who are not crafty do not realize how much time and effort you put into your hand made things.

Stupid car is still not passing inspection so it’s been at the dealership since last Saturday. They said that they will fix it and pass the inspection on it. Our only cost is the inspection~YIPEE! Now I just wish that they would hurry up and figure out what the heck is wrong with it and fix it. Being with only 1 vehicle is a pain.