Nerdy pattern help, beginner at knitting

Okay so I’m sure some of you have heard of Doctor Who and the super amazing things that go along with it. The scarf I want to make for my friend isn’t the normal Fourth Doctor scarf that people normally want to knit, I’;ve already done that. A friend of mine wants a scarf based on the Tardis and I want to make it for his birthday, I leave for the Navy in Feb. though so I’m trying to finish up some other stuff and don’t have the luxury of time it takes for my usual trial-and-error style.

I attached a reference pic of the Tardis, linking a pic of a scarf kind of like what i want to do. Basically long story short I need advice on how best to proceed. I don’t know where to start even since all I’ve ever done is really basic, kind of messy knitting…help?

Hi and welcome to KH!
There’s a pattern here for the scarf that may help you out. Ravelry is free to join and a great source for patterns. You might consider adding a garter or seed st border all around to prevent the curling that’s mentioned in some of the projects. Good luck with the project.

Wow thanks. That seems easier than I even thought it would be. :slight_smile:
Appreciate the help, and the new pattern site.