Needleless cable video stuff

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]K guys, here it is…:woot: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]That video I said I was gonna do fer ya’ll.:clink: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]It’s a demonstration on how to knit cables without a cable needle OR rearranging the stitches.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]It’s basically a twisted rib stitch on steroids:). I kinda found it impossible to try to explain it with words so without further ado… here’s da pics!!! (or video, or whatever…)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
//youtu.be/NX7bK6xlV1U

Fabulous! I’ll have to give that a try! :thumbsup:

BTW…what was going on in the background? :teehee:

Hiya Jan,
Ty hun,
Kids in the background, HAD to do dishes RIGHT then n there!!! They couldn’t wait 4 minutes. ROFLMAO!!:roflhard: But O well!!

K guys, I just found that kewl little youtube button up there. Think I’ll try that to see if I can get the video into a post so that ya’ll don’t have to go surfin just to find it!!

//youtu.be/<object width=“425” height=“355”><param name=“movie” value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NX7bK6xlV1U&rel=1"></param><param name=“wmode” value=“transparent”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/NX7bK6xlV1U&rel=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” wmode=“transparent” width=“425” height=“355”></embed></object>

Hopefully this works!!

Way cool! Thanks! So let me get this straight - when the pattern calls for holding the CN in the back, you just knit those stitches in the back and when it calls for holding the stitches to the front, you knit them in the front? Is that right?

Interesting. I’ll try it.

Thank you for posting your video. I have been trying to do it with the slipping off the needle way, but was having a hard time not loosing my stitches. Will give your way a try this afternoon.

Rainy :woot:

Great! I’ll try this when I CO for my CPH. Thanks so much for making the video for us!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you SOOOOO much for your wonderful comments!!!:hug:

K Wanda for your question, when you want to hold the stitches in the back you are going to knit those next two (or three) sts from the front (the last part of the vid) and if you wanted those first sts in the front, you will go around and knit the next sts from the back.
So lets say that you wanted a right cross cable (first stitches held in the back when doing traditional) you would go OVER those sts.
Now if you wanted a left cross cable (first sts held in the front on traditional cable) you would go Behind or UNDER.
Basically, that’s all cables are is a right twist or a left twist.
Now I’ve been able to do this with braided cables and traveling cables (you have your main line of sts and they “walk” or travel across the background stitches). I’ve done em with 2, 4 and 6 stitch cables. Larger cables you might have to do them the ol’ fashioned way. But from what I’ve seen most are either 4 or 6 unless they are like huge.

:zombie: I can’t wrap my mind around that at the moment… So lets say the directions say CF… do I knit them from the back or front? Back right?

Sorry for the confusion hun.
If it’s a cf (cross front) it would be a left cross and you would go BEHIND the first two stitches. (or 3 etc.)

If it’s a cb (cross back) it would be a right cross and you would go in FRONT or over those first two stitches (or 3 etc.)

Hope that helps ya!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the fabulous video!! I tried out your method on my lunch break today and I love it! :slight_smile:

Yes, that does help! Thank you!

Thanks, I’ll definitely try this next time I do cables! I think it will make the project go a little quicker!

I’m doing shadow cables on a blanket… so I am so thankful that you posted this today… this will make them so much easier…:woohoo:

THANK YOUUU SOOO MUCH!!! :heart: