Needle tatting?

[CENTER]I’ve just recently taught myself how to needle tat. I’m definitely still a beginner. Does anyone else do this, too?

Also, if so… any advice as to how to learn how to read patterns for it? I’ve just been watching YouTube videos, haha.

[/CENTER]

Oh, you knotty girl, you! :wink: I don’t tat but couldn’t resist the pun. Tatting is lovely to look at, I’m not sure I could do it. I keep thinking I should try. The only tatting I’ve seen done IRL was with a shuttle. It looked complicated. I want to see samples of what you’ve learned.

I’m a tatter. I started with needle, went to shuttle, also will finger tat if I have fiber available but no shuttle, knitting needles or crochet hook. Years and years ago I helped teach it online, not with videos. A couple of my patterns have been published in guild books in perhaps Denmark. I can’t remember now my mind is fuzzy. :smiley:

its on my list of things to try.

eventually.

some time in the future.

when I’m finished all the other projects.

When I was a kid, I used to watch our neighbor, who was from the Netherlands tat. It is fascinating to watch and the results are gorgeous. Good luck with it and let us see some photos when you can, please.

It’s coming along, but I’m still trying to master it. Some of the stuff I tried to make didn’t work out too well because it kept twisting around or something.

The one thing I don’t like about it is that it seems like… if you mess up, you can’t undo it! Every time I tried to, I would fail miserably. So I had to just cut it off, trash it & start all over.

:gah: :tap: :wall:

I’ve read about picking it out one knot at a time. That’s the main reason I’ve not tried it. If I can’t fix my mistakes I’d never get anything done.

You can pick it out one stitch at a time, I have done it more times than I care to think about. If you are having problems with twisting I’m thinking it is the last join in a row? Check fold over join that is what you need to learn to rectify that. Check out http://www.georgiaseitz.com she is an only tatting teacher, the one that taught me and I use to teach under. She has classes on Monday’s if you sign up for them.