Needle question

Hi
I have a question regarding needles… I am using Denise needles. But their size is small. So if I have to Cast On many stitches for any project(eg:70 etc) the stitches have to moved to the cord the needles are attached to. Is this okay?

i think you are asking if it is okay that your work doesn’t fit on the needle part and goes down to the cord? if that is your question that is definitely okay and expected! :thumbsup:

Yes :slight_smile: :slight_smile: That was the question. Thanks a Lot :cheering:

:teehee: I was wondering the same thing but was afraid to ask. I want to buy some circulars to knit some bigger items and couldn’t figure out how to use them without knitting in the round. :slight_smile:

Jus think your circ as a pair of straight needles; ignore the connecting cable. When you get to the end of Row 1, just flip the circ so that the left needle is now on the right. Do this at the end of every row and you’ll find yourself knitting back and forth just as you do on straights, except that it’s more comfortable and you can’t lose a needle between the couch cushions.

And when you put down the knitting, you can push it to the center and not worry about stitches dropping off the ends of the needles.

sue

That’s my number one reason for working with circs. :slight_smile: I was constantly dropping my straights and they’d get lodged in the unreachable areas of my recliner. One time it took over a week for me to get one to finally drop out of there. :roflhard:

Jus think your circ as a pair of straight needles; ignore the connecting cable. When you get to the end of Row 1, just flip the circ so that the left needle is now on the right. Do this at the end of every row and you’ll find yourself knitting back and forth just as you do on straights, except that it’s more comfortable and you can’t lose a needle between the couch cushions.[/quote]

THANKS!!! :woot:

That’s my number one reason for working with circs. :slight_smile: I was constantly dropping my straights and they’d get lodged in the unreachable areas of my recliner. One time it took over a week for me to get one to finally drop out of there. :roflhard:[/quote]

as has been well documented, i do most of my knitting when i go to the movies on the weekends. when i first started i had some flex shaft bamboo needles and i was pausing between rows, twirling the empty needle between my fingers when it went flying outta my hand.

i appreciate not having to go looking for my needle in a darkened theatre! :rofling:

(thankfully i was in the front row and it didn’t hit anybody in the back of the head! :shock:)