Needing a little advice

Michaels had Loops & Threads yarn Somerset on sale for $1.49 a ball. I bot 10 balls because I thought I would experiment with it and figure out something to do with it.
First I knit it with size 4mm needles… nasty… I just couldn’t figure out where the st was compared to the loops that hung off it. So that was a dud.
Then I knit it with size 6mm needles… much better tho I still had the same problem but not as much so I had an ahah moment and decided to knit one more swatch.
This time I added some yarn I had in my stash to it and it knit up beautifully. No trouble with the loops at all!
The Somerset I have is a kind of gray colour and the yarn I added is a nice blue. The grey kind of takes a back seat to the blue and the blue is very noticeable. I love it!
So then I did crochet… made up a cat cave for my grandchildren’s always invisible cat. I used an embroidery hoop to attach the sts to and just crochet around and around. I love the look.
I’m going to try, just one more time, to add a picture… but I promise nothing… I never seem to be able to make this work.
The question I have now is… what else should I make. I now have 15 balls of Somerset and tons of yarn in various colours that I could just keep adding on… could be fairly colourful… in a soft kind of way. I’m thinking of a poncho… something very simple and straightforward as differenciating between what kind of sts I’m doing is rather hard… perferrably on circs…
Or more cat caves… or a blanket for our bed… my quilts are wearing out.
Nope, can’t do it. Says my file is too large and I have no idea how to make it smaller… Sorry!
TEMA :knitting: :knitting:

Hopefully, I will be able to show something this time… :slight_smile:

Totally amazing! It came! Hurray!
I’m overwhelmed! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
TEMA:rofl:

It’s lovely and soft too! :slight_smile:

Pretty!

Lovely work and such a pretty color combination. Good for you for experimenting with yarn and needles, and congrats on re-sizing the photo. Looks great.