Need some help for the sheep tote pattern

Has anyone made the sheep tote from Fiber Trends? I am having some trouble understanding the pattern. It says:

knit 1 more row on the 50sts, do not turn.
Rotate work and knit up 15sts across end.
Rotate work again and knit up 50 sts from cast on edge.
Finish by knitting up 15sts from the remaning end of bottom piece.

Can someone help explaining this to me? :oops:

okay this is one of the projects that i have on the needles…sigh

basically all you are doing when you get to the end of that last row in the fifty rows is turning up the short side and picking up stitches, and doing the same on the other sides. amy has a video for picking up stitches if you don’t know how but it is easy peasy! :wink:

what color are you doing it in, and are you going to needle felt the sheep on? :happydance:

OK, I have got to be the densest knitting in the world … Do you mean, I don’t cut the yarn, and just pick up stitches from the edge? with one side of the circular needle? :doh:

I am making it with lavender for the bag and light green for the pokets. I don’t think I am going to do the sheep, but I am planing to do needle felt on the front pocket with one big twirl or a number of small twirls. :XX:

OK, I have got to be the densest knitting in the world … Do you mean, I don’t cut the yarn, and just pick up stitches from the edge? with one side of the circular needle? :doh:

I am making it with lavender for the bag and light green for the pokets. I don’t think I am going to do the sheep, but I am planing to do needle felt on the front pocket with one big twirl or a number of small twirls. :XX:

Ooooo! I can’t help, but I want to say I LOVE that tote! When I know what I’m doing I want to make one! :wink:

nope don’t cut the yarn, just start picking them up and you will be knitting in the round when you are done.

if i ever get back to it, mine is going to be cherry blossom and yellow (i think knit picks calls it daffodil) i actually combined the two for the bottom of the bag and then the body is going to be cherry blossom and the pockets will be the yellow.

that’s if i ever get back to it again of course. sigh