Need some advice to finish a Thing

Hello friendly yarn people!! It’s been a while! :muah: I have been working on the same project for the past 12 months (!!!) and am ALMOST done! I still don’t know exactly what it is (blanket? afgan?) so for now it is still a Thing.

I have two questions for you guys in order to finish my Thing:

1. I feel like I should block it to smooth it out and also hopefully to stop the curling of the sides where the cable is. The yarn is 75% acrylic/ 25% cotton. Is blocking advised and if so, what’s the best way to do it?

2. To tassel or not to tassel? When I started this project I had in my mind that I would add 2 inch tassels to the edge, but it became much bigger than I originally thought. Do you think tassels are still a good idea? Maybe just the top and bottom?

I would love any and all advice. I’m hoping that this is good enough to donate for a local charity art auction in the New Year…just need to add the finishing touches. Thanks in advance!! I missed you guys!!:hug: :heart:

Here is a better picture showing the puckering around the letters and the cable on the edges. Thanks again :hug:

Oh my, that is absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful donation to some lucky organization. I don’t know one that wouldn’t be thrilled to receive it.
I’d follow the washing instructions on he ballband as far as blocking goes. I love it as is, without the tassels but that’s a personal preference.
Mmm-mm, I’m in awe.

Well done!! That’s excellent - strangely I’ve only just come back on after a prolonged knitting challenge too!
I’d go without the tassels, btw :wink:

Thanks! Ok, so no tassels. I’m good with that :slight_smile:
The washing instructions on the skein says “Machine wash in cold water, gentle cycle. Lay flat to dry.” That’s all I have to do to block it?

One last question, since it will be auctioned for charity, I want the whole thing to look as good as possible. The back doesn’t look too aweful bad, but is there anything I should/can do to make it look better?

This is the icing on the cake. The back is beautiful, too! What an fabulous project. It would be a winning submission to the state fair.
I wouldn’t do anything to the back at all.
When you wash the afghan, you could pin it out and leave to dry. I’ve pinned large projects out on a rug in a spare room.