Need pattern help

hello, I’m new to knitting patterns and I’m having a hard time reading and understanding the instuctions. I’ve worked the pattern all the way up to row 1 and that is where I get confused. Could someone please help me understand how to proced? Thanks so much!

Welcome to KH!
You’re going to repeat row one of the Cable Panel which is given in column 1 of the pattern. with knit sts in between.
Knit 5, work the first row of the Cable Panel, knit 7, first row of Cable Panel, knit 7, first row of Cable Panel, knit 7, first row of Cable Panel, knit 7, first row of Cable Panel, knit 7, first row of Cable Panel, knit 5

The directions in parentheses are repeated for the given number of times. Pattern reading will get easier the more you do. Congrats for starting your first.

So once i finish row 1 and 2 where do I go from there? Would the odds be treated like the 1st row and the evens be treated like the 2nd row? Im a bit lost on how to repeate the patter after the 2nd row.

Yes, treat the odd rows like row 1 and the evens like row 2. The Cable Panel will proceed with rows 3-16 and then repeat rows 1-12 over and over as needed for the length of the afghan.

Do you mean reapeat rows 1-16 instead of 1-12? Im sorry this has me so confused, thank you for your help.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. After you’ve completed rows 3-16, start over with row one and work rows 1-16 in the Cable Panel.
The rows given in the pattern section tell you where to place the Cable Panel and how to repeat it across the row. The Cable Panel directions show you the entire panel.

1 Like

Oh okay! Thankyou so much!:smiley: