Need more stitches for pattern

I am making mittens using this pattern:

I am to the gusset part. I have 14 stitches of MC, and the pattern says:
MC: K1, inc, k2, inc, k13 W&t

In order to do that, you would need 16 stitches of MC. However, I only have 14. How am I supposed to do this?

Thank you!

Well, I agree, it looks like 14sts to me. It looks like a mistake in the pattern because the sts at the end of the gusset increases make sense for starting with 14sts.
I would work a row of MC: K1, inc, k2, inc, [B]k11[/B] W&t and continue with the increases until you have the 12sts between the markers.

Thank you! Should I still do the purl row after and just do purl 16, W&t or should I just skip that row? Also, when I continue with the increase, should I do:
K1, inc, k2, inc, k11 W&t
P16 W&t
K1, inc, k2, inc, k13 W&t
P18 W&t
K1, inc, k2, inc, k15 W&t
P20 W&t
K1, inc, k2, inc, k17 W&t
P22 W&t
K1, inc, k2, inc, k19 W&t

And then continue by doing the pattern:
P24 W&t
etc?

The other possibility is that they meant an m1 increase, which wouldn’t take a stitch. If so, that should have been mentioned. Either way will work.

Would what I put work out fine as well?

I’m assuming it is an inc between sts. The inc are going to be between the markers so adding them to the end won’t work. On the alternate rows you’ll work 2 then4 then 6sts etc between the markers

Thank you!
So I should do this:

K1, inc, k2, inc, k11 W&t
P16 W&t
K2, inc, k3, inc, k11 W&t
P18 W&t
K3, inc, k4, inc, k11 W&t
P20 W&t
K4, inc, k5, inc, k11 W&t
P22 W&t
K5, inc, k6, inc, k11 W&t

And then continue by doing the pattern:
P24 W&t
etc?

That’s almost it. You’ll actually be increasing two sts inside the markers on each inc row.

Thanks, that makes sense!

Look at your hand and picture the cuff of the mitt. Where your thumb sticks out, it has to get bigger, and it looks best with two lines of increases where your thumb branches off, one on the back of the hand and one on the palm side, The markers are there to remind you where the increases go so you get that neat in-line effect. If you increased at the ends or throughout the row, you’d get a bigger knitted piece, but it wouldn’t fit right.