Need help with waffle pattern

Hi All!!

I need help with this pattern. I’m confused with Row 1 & Row 3 of pattern. Here is the whole thing.

[B]Row 1: K1, *K2tog, YO, P1; rep from * to last 3 sts, K2tog, [/B][B]YO, K1[/B]

Row 2: *K1, P2; rep from * to last st, K1

[B]Row 3: K1, YO, sl 1, K1, psso, *P1, YO, sl 1, K1, psso; rep [/B][B]from * to last st, K1[/B]

Row 4: *K1, P2; rep from * to last st, K1

Now my problem and where I messed up in is if the YO is already in the front to purly where is the increase. Am I suppose to wrap the yarn around the purl st. in some special way for an increase?

The same goes for row 3, If i’m Purling and it says YO, is it to the back or do I leave it in the front to again make an increase.

This pattern called for a multiple of 3sts + 1

Any advice any of you can give will be greatly appreciated. This is for my daughter who is pestering me for a new blanket. Thank You All!!!

PS I CO 115 sts. Was I wrong?

To do a YO before a purl bring the yarn up over the needle and around to the front again and purl from there. That will give you your extra stitch.

For the 3rd row, leave the yarn in front. When you knit the next stitch after the slipped one, you’ll get the yo tat way.

The 115 should work, since 114 is divisible by 3.

Thank You So Much!!! I really appreciate it!!!:cheering::cheering::cheering:

Sounds like this is intended to be a rather lacy type of pattern - rather pretty.

Are you supposed to get an increase every time you do your yo? Doesn’t sound like it from the instructions you posted. I’d think you’d want your piece to lay flat.

Yes, your yo is a 1-stitch increase. That’s why you need to compensate for it by decreasing one stitch - either by knitting 2 together or by slip one-knit one-pass slipped stitch over. Which is how your instructions read - so your overall number of stitches remains the same.

If you increase, shouldn’t your increases just mostly be along the two edges?
Dot