Need help with stitch

I just started a new project and not sure about the TR2 stitch…it sounds simple but I’m a visual learner and I can’t find a tutorial anywhere…help would be appreciated!!!

Edit…knitting

Is it knit or crochet? When you ask questions give as much info as you can including the pattern nam e and a link if possible.

If it’s knitting, that might be Twist 2 Right, which is like a minicable stitch. If you can post an explanation of the stitch we can help you better.

Sorry!! Knitting

it says knit into front of 2nd stitch then into back of first stitch, slip both off left needle together…I think I’m doing it right…just not sure.

Sorry…I’m (attempting) knitting! This is a new stitch and usually I find a tutorial video but can’t find one

Thanks,
christy

Yes, that’s a Right Twist. Knit 2 tog but leave them on the needle, then knit into the first stitch again.

Now I got it, I just need to see it done…I’m very much a visual learner and reading the description doesn’t work so well.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

suzeeq, K2 tog?

K2tog - she just had a space.

Here’s a video that almost shows you the entire stitch. For the first part of the mini cable, she knits into the front of the 2nd stitch but then knits into the front of the 1st stitch. You want to knit into the back of the 1st stitch at this point, but you’ll get the idea from the video. They’re very pretty gloves. Enjoy!

Thank you so much…I ended up doing it a little different…which ended up with a pretty cool pattern…but wrong nonetheless! Now I know!

:thumbsup:

Do you like it? If you do, then it is not wrong, it is different. You’ve learned how to do it the way you did and you now know how to do it the way the pattern says. Sounds like WIN all around to me!

Agreed. You’ve just personalized the pattern. Good luck and post a photo of the finished gloves if you’d like/