Need HELP with sleeve

I’m doing the first sleeve and need help.
I wish it told every abbreviation in full and told “HOW” to do each step. :slight_smile:
I wonder if there is a true beginner pattern or book out there. LOL.
It says:
K1, inc in next st, knit across row until 2 sts remain, inc in next st, K1.
Continue to increase 1 st each end of needle every 8th row 6 times TOTAL, there are 49 sts on the needle. Work even until sleeve measures 11 inches OR 1" more than desired length to underarm.
How do you “inc in next st”?
It says every 8th row…so what do I do with the rows in between just knit and purl???
Work even means do the normal knitting and purling for 11 inches???
I’m assuming I do this all again for the second sleeve right??? LOL.
Thanks a whole lot,
Susie

K1, inc in next st, knit across row until 2 sts remain, inc in next st, K1.
Continue to increase 1 st each end of needle every 8th row 6 times TOTAL, there are 49 sts on the needle. Work even until sleeve measures 11 inches OR 1" more than desired length to underarm.
How do you “inc in next st”?
It says every 8th row…so what do I do with the rows in between just knit and purl???
Thanks a whole lot,

You asked

1. how do you increase in the next stitch…
    You will knit one, then in stitch number 2 on the needle increase.
    to increase you can do a couple types of increases, but the one I like for this is a Make one (M1) to do this, there is a bar inbetween the new sitch you made on your right needle, and a stitch on the left needle (I am SURE that Amy has a video on that)…you lift that bar, and put it on the left needle. Knit into the BACK of the loop, this will make sure that you don’t have a hole.
    or you can K in the front and back of the loop. To do this, knit the stitch like you normally would, and then without taking it off the needle, knit into the back of the loop, THEN slip it off.

Question 2)
so what do I do with the rows in between just knit and purl???
yes…:slight_smile:
Question 3)
Yes
Question 4)
YES again!!! :slight_smile:

Now…I do 2 sleeves at the same time. I have 2 balls of yarn going…that way if I make a mistake, I can do it on both, and it’ll be just part of the pattern…

[color=darkblue]Heather,
Thank you!Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!Thank you! Thank you!Thank you!Thank you! Thank you!Thank you!Thank you! Thank you!
On my way to knit a sleeve,
Susie[/color]

welcome :slight_smile: :thumbsup: