Need help with Rosedale pattern again!

Hello everyone!

I’m coming close to the end of my Rosedale (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/PATTrosedale.html), but all of a sudden I don’t understand the pattern. It says "On next RS row, dec 1 st each side of neck edge while working raglan decrease rows as established. 48[56, 60, 68] sts remain. "

What is the neck edge exactly? Is it the beginning of the row? It feels a bit weird to decrease at the beginning…

Also, I ended up with 2 stitches too many somehow. Do you think I should hurry away with them before adding the neckline, or let them be? I’m doing the small size.

Look at your sweater and you should be able to figure out where the neck is. Since this is a knit in one piece cardigan, the neck edge should be the begining and end of the row. It looks like you should already have done this:

" On next two rows, BO 10[12, 12, 14] sts at the beginning of the row while continuing to work raglan decreases every row as established. 58[66, 70, 78] sts remain."

The neck edges will be where you bound off the stitches.

Ah, then that was it! I was trying to decrease there, but it felt a bit weird so I figured I had misunderstood something. Thanks! :slight_smile:

The neck edge for me would be the whole top edge of the sweater :wink:

Right, it is the whole top, but you’ve got front edges; the middle is the shoulder and back areas. The fronts meet at the neck.