Need help with RC definition

I’m having trouble understanding what actually is RC. I looked it up in the glossary, but I’m still not sure on how to do it. If anyone can explain it better, it would help alot. Thanks.

Can you provide the directions your “RC” is in? It’s hard to help with how to do it without knowing what surrounds it and how many you’re to cross…Is it a cable pattern? Or a stitch pattern? :??

With more information, I’m sure you’ll get lots more help.

Diane

Woops. That was my fault. It is actually coming from a cable pattern, and it calls for RC. Here’s part of the pattern:

Rnd 4P2, k4; rep from * to marker
Rnd 5
P2, 4-st RC; rep from * to marker

Check at the beginning of the instructions. For something like that, all patterns that I have seen (in my short time) have a stitch guide. If I had to guess, I’d guess to slip 2 stitches onto a cable needle, hold them to the back, knit two, then k 2 off of cable needle. This will make a basic cable where the knit stitches on top will slant to the right (as facing you). I don’t know, don’t take my word for it! Patterns usually have these things at the beginning defined.

yeah, i’m with mwedzi on this one… i’d say that’s a 4st right crossing cable.

Thank you both for your help. You’ve made it alot clearer for me. Now I can continue my project. :muah: