Need help with Quinn purse

Let me thank you in advance. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Okay, here’s the link to the pattern. http://www.cogknition.org/uploads/patterns/quinn-2006.08.17.pdf

I’m on page 5, step 15. I understand how to graft the bag, what I don’t understand is step 16.

On page 4, step 11 has me put the 2 purl sts on a holder, knit the round, then put the other 2 purl sts on another holder and finish knitting the row. I did this, skip to step 16…

Sew the live purl sts (one pair on each edge of the bag) to the inside of the bag.

What? :??

I’ve read through the rest of the pattern, which isn’t much, and I don’t see the point of this. I know I’m supposed to trust the pattern, but how do I sew these 4 sts to the inside of the bag?? :wall: :wall:

And more importantly, why??

Have you read ahead to the end of the pattern? Maybe they’re there to form a place to attach a ring or handle. Sorry I don’t have time to open the pattern file and read it, I have to leave for work in a few minutes. Will check later if no one else can figure it out…

sue

I bet it’s to prevent the corners from sticking out too much. It has to be something simple like that.

As for knitting them to the inside, just run a piece of yarn through them and sew the ends of your yarn into the inside of the bag. :shrug:

Originally I thought they might be helping to form a gusset at the bottom of the bag, but after looking at it again I think they might be to prevent “rabbit ears”, similar what you might get when you graft the toes of socks.

ETA: I see Ingrid has the same thought!

Okay, I’ll give it a try. I just didn’t want to graft it together and then realize I needed to add those in there.

Thanks again for all of your help. :muah: :muah: