Need help with pattern

Hey all,
I just started a pattern its called a paquin scarf. it has an explanation in the pattern but I guess im a little dense. anyways there is a stitch in the pattern called TB5. it says to slip 3 stitches onto the cable needle and hold in the back. knit 2, slip the purl stitch from the cable needle to the left needle and purl it. then K2 from cable needle. Now everytime I try this it just doesn’t seem to turn out right. I thought I was supposed to to just take the first stitch from the right side of the cable needle and purl it and then knit the other 2 stitches on the cable needle but for some reason it isn’t coming out the right way. can anyone help me with this please!! thank you in advance!

Where is the purl st in the set of 5? If it’s in the middle then you would take it off the left/back side of the cable needle and put it back on the L needle and purl it, then knit the other two. Not all cable patterns have you work the first st on the cable needle first, which is why they explained it.

thank you. I finally looked at the stitches on the cn and went back to front. what a difference that makes. lol.