Need help with pattern!

Hi all

I’m new here and I’m really a beginner but have taken a more advanced project on at my 6 year old son’s request!

I’m trying to knit the Wham hoodie from Rowan Little Dudes in size 7-8yrs and having trouble with the body chart.

In the text it says
‘beg and ending rows as indicated, cont in patt from body chart as folls:
Work 4 rows, ending with RS facing for next row.’

So my questions are:

1. are the 4 rows to be worked after the body chart (attached) has finished?
  2. could someone please highlight how I’m supposed to follow the body chart according to size 7/8yrs… are the squares between the wiggly lines the way I’m meant to beg and end a row and then I skip to the middle section and repeat? Or do I start from the appropriate wiggly line and just work across? I’m so confused and know I have bitten off more than I can chew lol

I thank you in advance for anyone who can take the time to help me!!

Kaljit

Hi and welcome!
https://www.jimmybeanswool.com/knitting/yarn/Rowan/LittleDudesCollection.asp?showLarge=true&specPCVID=84866
I’m about to start another pattern from this collection.
The 4 rows start the chart. They’re actually chart rows 1-4. I’ve placed a red dot where you would begin and started some yellow dots up the line that you will follow. I don’t see a middle section to repeat. It looks like you work the chart from one edge to the other as given for your size.
rsz_1rsz_inked_shart

Hi Salmonmac

Thank you for the help below!

Could I please trouble you some more? If I am to follow the pattern exactly then am I supposed to decrease the stitches as I go along? In which case, how do I know when and how many stitches to decrease?

Thanks!

What does the pattern say about decreasing? Are there instructions for armhole or raglan decreases?

Ah I see!! I’m supposed to follow the raglan armhole shape and the body chart pattern!

Thanks, you’re a genius!

image1.jpeg