Need help with pattern directions

Hi, I’m having trouble understanding what is meant by k24, wrapping 3 times in each st. and also what is meant by (sl 1 wyif, k1) 5 times. I have been knitting for 40 years but never could read a pattern, now Iv’e desided to learn to do it right.

This kind of wrap stitch creates an elongated stitch. Instead of wrapping the yarn once around the needle the way you normally make a knit stitch, you’ll wrap the yarn 3 times around the needle. This video explains the stitch.
For sl 1 wyif, k1 you move the yarn between the needles as you would when you purl. Instead of working the next stitch, slip it purlwise from the left needle to the right, bring the yarn between the needles to the back, and knit the next stitch. Repeat this sequence 5 times total.

Your response was great last night and the video really helped. Now I found a couple more intructions i’m not understanding.
what is 4-st RC mean, C4F, and in brackets (k1,yo,k1) in next st.

The (k1, yo, k1) in the next st is a double increase, 3 sts from one. It’s shown in this video but basically the idea is to knit 1, yo, knit 1 into the same st before you drop it off the left needle.
The 4-st RC and the C4F are cable instructions. C4F means put 2sts on a cable needle and hold in front, knit the next 2sts, then knit the 2sts from the cable needle. 4-st RC is also a cable with the first 2sts held in back, work 2sts and then work the sts from the cable needle. These sts might be combinations of knit and purl sts, depending on the pattern instructions. The cable terms should be defined before the pattern begins or perhaps they’re located in a side bar or a glossary in a book or magazine.