Need help with next step, pls

ok…the instructions read: at beginning of next two rows bind off 3 stitches once, then decrease one stitch each edge every other row 2 times. continue to shape cap by binding off 2 stitches at the beginning of the next 10 rows.
Q’s - does the binding off 3 stiches once mean bind off three stitches together or bind off 3 separate stiches…and does one start the bind off after I knit/purl one stitch in from the edge or right at the edge?

the decrease is at both sides and do I bind off the first and the last stitch at each edge or after one stitch?

same thing for the last instructions…I bind off just at the beginning of the next ten rows…the first stitch or one after the first stitch?
thanks for any help.

You bind off 3 separate stitches, and they would be the first three stitches of the row. Your new first stitch will be what was the 4th stitch.

the decrease is at both sides and do I bind off the first and the last stitch at each edge or after one stitch?

Again, you bind off the first stitch.

I bind off just at the beginning of the next ten rows…the first stitch or one after the first stitch?

Again, you bind off the first stitch.

These instructions are for shaping and should change the edge of your garment. When you bind off stitches in the middle of a row, the pattern will specify that, and it often requires attaching a second ball of yarn. If you need any more help, just holler!

When an instruction calls for binding off, that’s what you do–regular bind off, one at a time as you would when something is finished. You have to include the first stitch or you’ll be left with a big gap between the first st and the rest of the piece. You’re shaping the sides, so the stitches bound off must include the first side stitches.

When they say to decrease, then just knit or purl two together, or use whatever type of dec you like. You can do these with the last stitches or one in from the end, it’s up to you.