Need help with Melissa Leapmans Winter Warmer Scarf Pattern

Asking for help again! Am learning to Double Knit and as long as it’s real simple, I am good, but…Ms. Leapman’s Winter Warmer Scarf pattern has me stumped. The instructions consist of two rows, which just repeat. On page 154 of her book Mastering Color Knitting, Row 1 reads: (RS) *With both yarns in back, knit the 1st stitch of the pair with A, with both yarns in front, purl the 2nd st of the pair with B; repeat from * across. That’s fine. Row 2 however??? It says: With both yarns in back, knit the 1st stitch of the pair with A, * with both yarns in front, purl the second st of the pair with A, repeat from * across.

Sounds like row 2 is knit with just color A and what do you do with the first stitch of the pair? Also, what do you do with color B?

I’m probably just reading this incorrectly and have got some kind of mental block that’s keeping me from seeing the obvious.

For those of you who don’t have this book, the resulting scarf if solid color on one side and horizontally striped on the reverse side. I would appreciate your help.

Gayle

This may be a link to a picture of the scarf though the sides seem to be mirror images of each other
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/southerncharm/winter-warmer-scarf
It seems that color B is carried along row 2. On row 3 you’ll need it again.
It seems to me that the asterisk is misplaced in the directions for row 2. I would read it as:
With both yarns in back, [B]*[/B]knit the 1st stitch of the pair with A, with both yarns in front, purl the second st of the pair with A, repeat from * across.
See if that makes sense with the following rows.
I couldn’t find any errata for this pattern on the publisher’s website.