Hello Everyone, I’m new to this list. Has anyone knitted the free Peace Sign pattern by Margaret Walker? This is my first charted pattern and a few things are confusing. I tried searching this database, but couldn’t find what I needed. Please help!
Items on the chart that are confusing to me:
- Is the chart correct?
- I assume the wrong side is facing so I knit the purl stitches.
- Does the v0 in row 5 mean don’t increase?
- What is the B or 8 in row 6?
- Do I do the / next to the X in row 7?
- Are the blank spaces purl stitches (knit stitches if the chart is right side facing)?
I’m trying to get a copy of one of Barbara Walker’s books to see if something in one of them will help me. Until then, please help me!!
Note: Don’t people who chart patterns know how hard it is for a beginner to read a chart with keys that aren’t helpful? It may be better to eliminate the key and just make the beginner keep trying until they either get it or give up.