Need help with Lang Yarns Pullover ion denim cotton

I am making the pullover from Lang Yarns . my problem is with the cable front.the chart reads (over a 10 stitch section) rows 1-14 knit on right side, purl on wrong side. row 15 is cable 10. then knit purl rows16 -32 row 33 is cable 5. the ‘tip’ says "the cable will be separately knitted over rows 1- 17 and rows 17-30. in rows 13.16 ans 31-34 work over all 10 stitches.

can someone help me understand this?? it may just be in the translation but I find this confusing. thanks in advance

Can you post a link to the pattern or to a picture or give us the name of the pattern, please?

http://www.langyarns.com/docs/Publikationen/FAM_189_Custom_Flipr/index.html

Okay, see on the upper cable where the 2 cables are not connected, there’s an opening there. So in "“the cable will be separately knitted over rows 1- 17 and rows 17-30. in rows 13.16 ans 31-34 work over all 10 stitches.” that’s what it means.

I’m sorry - do you mean using two separate skeins? can you explain exactly how I would do this? I feel so dumb asking - I just cant wrap my head around these instructions

see what confuses me is it sounds like 1-30 are worked separately (it says rows 1-17 and 17-30) then it says 13-16 and 31-34 are worked over all 10 stitches. so it sounds like 13-16 are worked twice but I am pretty sure that is not what they mean

Yes, 2 separate yarn ends. Work half the cable with one strand, the other with another. Then after this one is done, work all the sts with just one. You don’t need another skein, just use the other end of the one you’ve been working with.

oh, thanks! that’s so much better than untangling 2 balls of yarn every few rows.
thanks for your help