Here’s the sleeve part of the pattern:

1. *(RS) *- K3, P1, K4, P1, K4, REP TO, END, P1, K4, P1, K3

2. *K2, P1, K1, P4, K1, P1, K2, P1, REP TO, END K1, P4, K1, P1, K2

3. *K3, P1, C4B, P1, K4, REP TO, END, P1, C4B, P1, K3

4. *K2, P1, K1, P4, K1, P1, K2, P1, REP TO, END K1, P4, K1, P1, K2

5. (RS) *- K3, P1, K4, P1, K4, REP TO, END, P1, K4, P1, K3

6. *K2, P1, K1, P4, K1, P1, K2, P1, REP TO, END K1, P4, K1, P1, K2

Continue in Cable Pattern as above but…
inc 1 stitch at each side of work on every 8th row to equal 76 stitches after done.*

It says to increase 1 st every 8th row but do they want K sts or knit in pattern as I increase?
CG:knitting:

Hi and welcome to KH!
Usually on a sleeve you’re increasing enough sts that it’s better to incorporate the increases into the pattern than to have a plain panel of say, stockinette. And of course, since this is a sleeve, you want to be sure to increase on [I]each end[/I] of the row, so that you’re increasing 2 sts every 8th row.

Your pattern follows a garter stitch pattern on the first two and last two stitches, and the third stitch on each side follows a stockinette pattern. I would think that you could work the increase in either the garter stitch pattern or the stockinette pattern.

Thank you both! :slight_smile: Salmonmac when you say incorporate into the pattern, do you mean to place the increases somewhere in the pattern rather than the edges?

Do the increases on the edges or one stitch in from the edge and then keep expanding the cable pattern as you go along. Make the increases within the garter stitches at the edge as claireweber suggests but let the cable pattern expand to incorporate the extra sts.