Need Help With First Baby Bib

Hi, everyone! I am knitting a baby bib and I had to turn my work and leave some stitches hanging and then continue up to complete one side of the bib and bind off. I had no problems but now that I need to work on the other side, I am unsure where to take the yarn from. Maybe this is a silly question but any input is appreciated. Thank you!

Always include a link to the pattern when possible. It helps us help you. :wink:

It sounds like you’re working the straps around the neck now? If so then you join the yarn and continue working that strap according to the directions. If you had worked across the front and then left those stitches or put them on a holder you’d start by working the back side first I think.

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Sorry. I’m new! :slight_smile: I am just cutting and pasting the pattern because I had to log into the Bernat site to get it.[/COLOR]

Rep last 2 rows twice more. 3 sts. Cast off.

With RS of work facing, slip next 13 sts onto a st holder. Sl1. K1. psso. Knit to end of row.
Work to correspond to first side, reversing all shapings.

Oops… you can’t post the entire pattern. It’s considered a copyright violation even for a free pattern. Just the link is fine or a few lines of the part that is confusing. Edit your post and leave only the part you are finding confusing.

Okay so you’re using this pattern.
http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2392

Okay so the problem I am having is that I bind off at the top of the left side of the bib but then I have to go back down and start knitting the stitches I left hanging in the middle of the bib and I don’t know what yarn I am supposed to knit with.

Thanks for fixing it. :thumbsup: I didn’t want to do it myself because I wasn’t sure which part was at issue.

Okay so the problem I am having is that I bind off at the top of the left side of the bib but then I have to go back down and start knitting the stitches I left hanging in the middle of the bib and I don’t know what yarn I am supposed to knit with.

Okay, most likely you’ll have to start with a new skein or what’s left of the other one. Just start knitting with it. It’ll leave a loose area, but when you’re all done you can weave in the ends that are loose and it’ll tighten it up just fine.

That is fantastic advice. Thank you very much! I am going to read over the rules before posting again. Sorry. :oops:

Always good to read the guidelines, but don’t worry about making mistakes. It happens all the time and that’s what we are here for. :hug:

Make sure you share a photo of the big when you’re done! I’ve always liked that bib, just haven’t done it yet. Photo posting info and guidelines are in the What’cha Knittin’ Forum or in my signature.