Need help with double moss rib pattern

Hi. My first time here but a long-time knitter. I seem to have a brain block for converting a pattern to using more stitches. A few years ago, I found the double moss rib stitch and liked it a lot. So I used it to create a fingerless glove pattern. Everything worked out great and I have knit a lot of these over the last few years. Now I’m trying to convert it to a sock pattern using around 60 stitches on size 2 DPNs but am having trouble getting the stitches to come out right. Here is the pattern for the gloves:

Cast on 42 stitches, arrange on 3 DPNs: Needle 1 12 stitches, needle 2 18 stitches, needle 3 12 stitches.
Begin pattern stitch:
Round 1: p1, k2 Repeat around.
Round 2: Repeat round 1.
Round 3: p1, k1 Repeat around.
Round 4: Repeat round 3.
Repeat these four rounds until the cuff is 4 inches long.

I have tried multiples of 6 and multiples of 6 + 1 stitches but can’t get it to come out right. To make it even more complicated, I’m knitting in the round.

Can anyone please help me figure this out? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to KH.
Round 1 is a multiple of 3
Round 3 is a multiple of 2
I think you need a multiple of 3 that’s an even number. 60 should work for the pattern. I think the next possibility is 66.

I did try 60 but maybe I messed it up. I’ve started this sock about five times this afternoon. Thanks for answering! :relaxed:

Welcome to KH!
Is round 2 really p1,k1? it doesn’t seem like the conventional moss rib.
http://newstitchaday.com/how-to-knit-the-moss-rib-stitch/

Can you post a photo of previous examples of your moss rib?

It’s double moss rib that I found in a stitch book. This a fingerless glove that I made using my first pattern, knit using 42 stitches. This hasn’t been blocked yet, so looks kind of rough.

BTW, I tried 60 stitches again and it’s working out. Guess third time is the charm!

That’s great! Yup, your photo looks like the sample I make. Hope the socks go well and that we get to see a photo of them.