Need help with directions for baby bib pattern

I’m trying to make a baby bib from a pretty simple pattern I found here the other day. It’s the first time I’ve made anything other than a scarf, so I’m pretty excited. So far, so good, but I’m confused about the buttonholes. I followed the instructions for the one-row buttonhole in the videos section and they turned out pretty good, but the pattern calls for something different. I just don’t know what it means. It says “Buttonhole row: Knit two stitches, yarn over, knit two together, knit one; knit until 3 ridges show after buttonhole (5 rows), repeat buttonhole row.” Then I’m supposed to do that one more time for a total of three buttonholes. I tried to follow the directions, but kept losing stitches or doing something completely different. Could someone help me understand how to do what the pattern says? Thank you.

I think it’s just a yarn over buttonhole. I used those on some bibs I made recently. A YO is an increase so you need to k2tog after to decrease. Then you just knit normally (even over the YO) till it tells you to do it again if needed.

I was going to show you how mine looked, but the buttonhole barely shows in the picture.